Terms and settlement
FOR ANY PROBLEM
Kayaks Libert: 0032(0)82 22 24 78 - Emergency services: 112
TIMETABLE TO BE RESPECTED
- Departure from Houyet no later than 12:30 (13:30 from 16/3 until 15/10)
- Departure from Gendron no later than 14:30
(15:30 from 16/3 > 15/06 and from 01/10 > 15/10 – 16:00 from 16/6 > 30/09)
- Cross the Villatoile dam no later than 17:00 (18:00 from 16/6 until 30/09)
- Arrival in Anseremme no later than 18:00 (19:00 from 16/03 until 15/10)
RULES TO BE FOLLOWED
- Minimum age: 5 years, children between 5 and 12 years must be accompanied by an adult,
- Life jacket compulsory for children under 12 years, measuring less than 1 m, people who cannot swim,
- Life jacket available - free of charge - for any person, on request,
- It is compulsory to wear shoes,
- Take only a minimum of items with you (no camera, no mobile phone, …)
IT IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
- To stop along the Lesse (authorized stops = numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7)
- To leave waste behind (use the bin in the kayak or the other bins available)
- To carry out dangerous manoeuvres: collisions, come too close to fishers or swimmers,
- To drink alcohol, to light a fire, to camp, to frighten animals, to damage the banks, to pull up or destroy the vegetation, to make too much noise: radio, …
- To canoe down the Lesse or the Meuse after the hours mentioned above.
Any breach will be reported to the police into accordance with the legal provisions in force
- Cross the first dam on the right, the second dam on the left,
- For groups, always have a person in charge of the group behind, in case of problem.
- On the Lesse, driving on the main axis and in deep enough areas to avoid scraping the bottom On the Meuse, along the right bank to the pier.
DIRECTIVES TO BE FOLLOWED IN CASE OF FLOODS : read the information below
|LEVEL > 70 CM||LEVEL > 80 CM||LEVEL > 90 CM|
|minimum Age : 8 years||minimum Age : 12 years
The activity is sporty
|minimum Age : 15 years
The activity is dangerous
- In case of floods, it is recommended to have already done some kayaking.
- Take into account the fact that you might be wet during the whole day, when you get dressed.
- Stay in the middle of the river and anticipate where you are about to go, to avoid obstacles.
- Follow the directives given by our staff, at both dams
- If you capsize, cling on to the kayak, because it does not sink. Then, reach the bank as quickly as possible. Try not to release your paddle, in order to be able to continue your activity and because the distance is much longer on foot than in a kayak.
- In case of problem, call the office at 0032(0)82 22 24 78 or 0032(0)82 22 61 86 as soon as you can (Gendron, Chaleux, Walzin, Pont-à-Lesse).
- In case of accident, call immediately number 112. There are milestones along the Lesse, which help you to know where you are located.